Clean Room, Avionics,
& Instrumentation Repair Shop
- Class 1000 air purification - HEPA and ultraviolet filters for sensitive instruments and avionic components
- Room is kept positively pressurized
- Druck air data test set provides pressure and vacuum for testing aircraft instrumentation
- Equipment: vacuum oven, gyroscopic rotors balancers , angle position indicators, transformer ratio simulators, universal waveform signal generators, tachometers, FAA RD300 weather simulator, ATC 1200Y3 transponder, radio simulator, other simulators for aircraft component testing
Library and Reference Materials
AMS works directly with the Department of Defense (DOD) and has an extensive library of current Air Force Technical Orders, Army Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWR), and Navy NAVAIR Technical Manuals to ensure all maintenance is performed to current DOD standards.
Electronics & Electrical
Repair Stations & Production Area
- AC & DC load banks
- Two 33-KVA units for power control and electrical control testing
- Military Standard 1553 communication test sets are often used for component-level troubleshooting and repairs
Hydraulics & Mechanical Repair Room
- Hydraulic test bench capable of testing pressures up to 5,000 psi
- 12,000 psi static hand pump allows pressure proof testing
- Hydraulic disconnect station captures used hydraulic fluid
- Two, 10,000 lb. overhead gantry cranes
- Test fixtures, test stands, and 12,000 rpm generator test set, load bank
- Completely flat Granite inspection table for final inspections
Pneumatics Repair Room
- A Universal Linear Actuator Test Bench validates electrical and pneumatic actuators
- Test set provides load and functional testing for the F-16 canopy actuator
R&D Test Sets
- Computer automated test sets used for F-16's leading-edge flight computer
- Development of schematics, parts breakdowns, and test procedures support maintenance operations
- On-going development of repair procedures
Rate Table & Gyroscopic Test Station
- CONTRAVES Rate Table with Gyroscope and Accelerometer test stations is used to test horizontal and vertical rates from 0 to 860 degrees per second
- Station tests 0 to 10 Gs of acceleration, also 0 to -10 Gs
- An environmental control chamber (not shown) produces temperatures from -40 to 400 degrees F
- Load bank (not shown) used for De-Ice controllers and cabin heating and cooling components
AMS performs maintenance, repair, and overhaul services required to maintain aircraft instrumentation, radar, radio communication, electrical/electronics system components, and mechanical accessories (including hydraulic and pneumatic components) to support the military, police, and others in the aerospace industry.
We specialize in maintaining components that are no longer actively supported by their OEMs. AMS often provides shorter lead times and better pricing. Our comprehensive services include:
- AS9110 “design of repair processes. ” All new processes at AMS are validated and approved through AS9110 engineering and design program.
- Development of schematics, parts breakdowns, and test procedures to support maintenance operations of units. On-going development and documentation of repair procedures.
- Development of needed equipment to support and enable the maintenance, repair, and testing of units prior to their return to end users.
-Development of repair procedures and identification of replacement component alternates.
-Documenting test procedures, test equipment manuals, and other resources cataloged in our library to provide a comprehensive engineering package.
-Developing repair procedures and processes in house and then submitting them for source acceptance as required to perform maintenance on U.S. Government contract and FMS programs.
Aerospace Maintenance Solutions, LLC is certified to ISO 9001:2008 and AS9110:2012 Rev B requirements. Certification completed by Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc.
AMS News & Events
Militaries speed turn times bypassing FMS programs and working with source-approved and privately-owned repair depot
24- x 36-inch wall calendar free to veterans and AMS customers
AMS and Lockheed Martin jointly engage in preventive practices
Company reaches 10-year anniversary August 25, 2015.
Audit results from DCMA included no AMS non-conformances when the audit was completed.
Large 24- x 36-inch calendar free to AMS customers
Lockheed-Martin Aeronautics Benefits from AMS Quality
Blanket Export License from the DAE to purchase spare parts, components, and services from Aerospace Maintenance Solutions for the maintenance and repair of F-16 aircraft in Thailand
25% of AMS employees are vets
AMS provides poster-size wall calendar for 2014
Best practices of the aerospace industry
In addition to supporting military aircraft, Aerospace Maintenance Solutions (AMS) also supports veterans.
Sole Source for C-130 avionics
Call for images of military transport, helicopter, and fighter aircraft components
AMS meets expedited repair requirements of Air Speed Indicators for United States Air Force base in AOG situation
Recent scorecard shows AMS Quality Performance
Warner-Robins Air Force Base Awards Contract to AMS
Cuts in F-35 production shift focus to F-15, F-16 and other aircraft
AMS is expanding its global reach to include aircraft from Middle East allies.
AMS has recently trained and re-certified the entire technical production staff to the most current IPC soldering standards.
The US Coast Guard recently inspected Aerospace Maintenance Solutions.
Results in from AMS 2010 FAA Inspection
Aerospace Maintenance Solutions (AMS) announces that it is increasing the size of its Chesterland, Ohio headquarters.
Military Savings Built on Efficient Maintenance
Check out this f-16 cockpit
Chesterland, OH — Aerospace Maintenance Solutions announces that they have been recertified as part of a long–standing Joint Certifications Program (JCP) among the United States (US) and Canada.
Chesterland, OH - Aerospace Maintenance Solutions (AMS) has been awarded a contract from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to repair electronic panels and power switching units for the Department of the Air Force C-130 aircraft.